COISPA Tecnologia & Ricerca is a cooperative of researchers and technicians founded in Bari, Italy, in 1978. The cooperative is running according to the no-profit principles of mutuality.
COISPA practices an interdisciplinary approach to carry out applied research to the study of living marine resources, marine environments, fisheries, aquaculture and production of eco-system services.
Our main goal:
- to establish relationships and collaborations with Scientific Institutions, Organizations, and other bodies operating in the fields of interest;
- take part to national and international research programs and carry on integrated development projects;
- in the framework of sustainability principles, promoting the eco-innovation and the quality of products and process, develop specific technical standards and certification schemes;
- carry on socio-economic and market investigations;
- support seminars, conferences, exhibitions, publications, reviews, documentation and information centre;
- grant scholarships and research;
- promoting knowledge and technology dissemination, capacity building and training activities.